“Direction” is committed to conserving the environment through:
- A Green "Direction" Office
- Spreading Awareness
- "Direction" Tours
A Green "Direction" Office
"Direction" is publicly committed to raising awareness of the businesspeople and the society to consider the environmental impact through specialized workshops that enhance the following factors:
- Minimizing the consumption of energy, water, paper and other materials
- Minimizing the generation of waste
- Reducing the environmental impact generated through travel and other business activities.
- Promoting the reduction of energy, water, paper and waste
- Reducing the use of electricity
- Reducing water consumption by sharing valuable awareness programs internally.
- Making purchasing decisions that consider environmental impacts.
- Empowering people to minimize the environmental impact through sharing knowledge.
- Educating members about international sustainable practices and clean energy through workshops with international bodies specialized in environmental protection.
- “Direction” calculates the CO2 footprint of all its members’ flights and offsets the emissions through supporting forestation projects, thus protecting the environment
- “Direction” uses active transportation (in specific, walking) to all nearby locations throughout its tours, to reduce pollution
- Green Day: “Direction” adheres to green transportation for an entire day of its tours
- Green Tour: “Direction” organizes a green tour at least annually, which is 100% green, except for its flights, which are also offsett via www.myclimate.org.
Note: The maximum amount of CO2 a person should produce per year via combustion in order to halt climate change is 2.0 tonnes.